The DTT project was proposed in 2015 by about one hundred scientists from several Italian institutions (ENEA and its Third Parties), with the support of two EU labs (KIT, Germany; IPPLM, Poland), and the collaboration of scientists from various international labs (including CEA-IRFM, France; CRPP-EFPL, Switzerland; FOM-DIFFER, the Netherlands; IPPLM, Poland). The results were collected in “DTT-Divertor Tokamak Test facility. Project Proposal”, ISBN 978-88-8286-318-0, published in 2015 (DTT “Blue Book”).
In April 2019 a revised version of the project was published in “DTT-Divertor Tokamak Test facility. Interim Design Report”, ISBN: 978-88-8286-378-4 (DTT “Green Book”).
In September 2019 the DTT Consortium was established with the aim of implementing the DTT Project.
The list of the Partners of the DTT Consortium, with the year of entry, is:
- Agenzia nazionale per le nuove tecnologie, l'energia e lo sviluppo economico sostenibile -ENEA (2019)
- Consorzio di Ricerca per l'Energia, l'Automazione e le Tecnologie dell'Elettromagnetismo - CREATE (2019)
- Ente Nazionale Idrocarburi - ENI (2020)
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - CNR
- Consorzio RFX (2021)
- Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, INFN (2021)
- Politecnico di Torino (2021)
- Università degli Studi della Tuscia (2021)
- Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (2021)
- Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata (2021).
Stakeholders of the DTT Project are also various subjects and institutions:
- EUROfusion, which supports the DTT Project with scientific collaborations and a financial contribution up to 60 M€ for the divertor system
- MISE (Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico-Italian Ministry of Economic Development), with a financial contribution of 40 M€
- MIUR (Ministero dell’Istruzione, Università e Ricerca-Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research), with a financial contribution of 40 M€
- Regione Lazio, with a financial contribution of 25 M€
- The European Investment Bank, with a long-term loan of 250 M€ granted to ENEA
- China, by scientific collaboration up to a value of 30 M€